Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Consolation...

My favorite, the hydrangea, has two new blooms--thank you, Lord!


An antique shrub rose, Louis Phillippe. Smells like the best thing you've ever smelled!
Mandevilla growing on my trellises--so fresh

Finally, the orange bougainvillea blooms!
Tibouchina--Princess Flower.  Not a clue how to spell it, but oh, so velvety and gorgeous.
And last, the porch fern is coming back from my lack of watering...I'm consoled.

This last chemo treatment was not pleasant...but I have consolation in a walk around the garden first thing in the morning.  Life is about the normal, everyday pleasures that are so precious. 

Go find something beautiful today, even if it's in your own backyard--'specially if it is. 

Deb

4 comments:

  1. I love the way the Louis-Philippe rose petals look in that photo! Looking forward to walking around the garden w/you. Don't you want to post about my surprise gourds?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog. If the last chemo was for you..as I don't know the story..then I pray that you are healed! We have a good friend who just finished his too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely flowers in your garden Deb. I'm sorry the chemo is so awful. You are so beautiful, even more than your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb I had no idea you were going through chemo - fall and break your hip and suddenly you are so unaware of everyone else around you. Shame on me. I hope all is well, Your art is definitely looking healthy and vibrant. Which is a great sign. I love your flower photographs. I am saying a little prayer that two months later all is well and you are feeling "normal", if you need a ear I am here.

    ReplyDelete