Thursday, November 18, 2010

Making art every day!



I finally added some collage pieces to my file folders.  I used acrylic medium for these, then mixed a bit of butterscotch Adirondack spray ink with some gesso, and painted over the top.  I also tried to lighten up these pages so that I can journal on them more easily.  A lot of my folders seem to be quite dark, but I'm liking them.

My theme seemed to be "Home," although I'm not sure why.  Maybe with the holidays coming, my thoughts are returning to my parents, who I miss dearly since their deaths.   And my sweet son, who is a deployed Marine, will not be home til spring.   I wish so much that he could be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

May God bless all the brave men and women who serve our country, and their families, who are the unsung heroes.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous!!!! Love your colors.. and your doodling! You are a pro!!!! wow!!! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete